We are an innovative and entrepreneurial insurance brokerage and employee benefits consulting firm based in Toronto with offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Port Hope. We have an exciting opportunity in our growing Toronto office for a commercial property and casualty construction insurance broker on our General Industries team.
As a broker at PRL, a typical day might include the following:
- Managing the client renewal process and collaborate with the client service team on marketing requirements, deadlines and deliverables;
- Assisting in producing new client proposals and presentations;
- Preparing documentation for submission to insurance companies for renewals;
- Assisting in negotiating terms and conditions of coverages and pricing with insurers;
- Requesting loss experience from insurers for analysis;
- Assisting in the presentation to clients of their options in insurance terms and conditions, prior to binding;
- Assisting in obtaining quotes for premium financing;
- Preparing post-binding insurance documents;
- Requesting policy amendments from insurers;
- Coordinating with Invoicing and Certificate issuance Team for the issuance of invoices and certificates;
- Monitoring the collection of receivables;
- Maintaining client records (i.e., policies, correspondence, emails, etc.) in our electronic document management system (EPIC) and shared drive;
- Identifying risk exposure and advise on insurance solutions for new and existing clients;
- Interacting with clients in various ways including answering questions regarding their coverages and
program adjustments; and
- Review and advise on insurance provisions of construction contracts and tenders.
This job might be right for you if you:
- Are focused and motivated to execute your responsibilities in an efficient, accurate, complete and timely manner;
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Are a driven and enthusiastic learner who’s always looking to improve and develop;
- Enjoy collaborating and working closely with teams; and
- Are committed to attaining or exceeding client expectations.
Preference may be given to candidates that:
- Have minimum 2 years of commercial insurance brokering or underwriting experience; focus on the construction clients (annual policies and/or project-specific) is preferred;
- Possess a valid RIBO (Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario) License;
If this opportunity is right for you, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the Job ID above. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.