Mining & Energy
We are an innovative and entrepreneurial insurance brokerage and employee benefits consulting firm based in Toronto with offices in Vancouver, and Montreal. We have an exciting opportunity in our growing Vancouver office for a commercial property and casualty insurance broker on our national Mining & Energy team.
As a broker at PRL, a typical day might include the following:
- Providing superior client service and account management;
- Assisting in producing new client proposals and presentations;
- Preparing documentation for submission to insurance companies for renewals;
- Requesting loss experience from insurers for analysis;
- Assisting in negotiating terms and conditions of coverages and pricing with insurers;
- Assisting in obtaining quotes for premium financing;
- Assisting in the presentation to clients of their options in insurance terms and conditions, prior to binding;
- Preparing post-binding insurance documents;
- Requesting policy and/or bond amendments from insurers;
- Coordinating the issuance of invoices and certificates;
- Monitoring the collection of receivables;
- Ensuring all client records (i.e., policies/bonds, correspondence, emails, etc.) are uploaded to our system (EPIC) and shared drive; and
- Interacting with clients in various ways including answering questions regarding their coverages and program adjustments.
This job might be right for you if you:
- Have 1 to 3 years of insurance brokering or underwriting experience;
- Possess a valid IBABC Broker License Level II;
- Thrive on paying attention to details, and work well under the pressure of deadlines and multiple priorities;
- Are focused and motivated to execute your responsibilities in an efficient, accurate, complete and timely manner;
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Are a driven and enthusiastic learner who’s always looking to improve and develop;
- Enjoy collaborating and working closely with teams; and
- Are committed to attaining or exceeding client expectations.
If this opportunity is right for you, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com and reference the Job ID above. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.